- I have to increase the print size to "large" as I type this--and that is with the progressive bifocals on the face. New prescription. No excuses.
- When I hear "Grandma" called out in a store, I immediately whip around. I don't do that for "Mom" or "Mommy" any longer.
- I receive senior citizen discounts at Dunkin' Donuts without asking. That one really hurts. Prairie Eydie wants to know why I go to Dunkin' Donuts. This doesn't seem to be in keeping with my organic, all natural image. Everyone needs a half dozen Munchkins now and then. (Sharon. I just have an image of the Wizard of Oz Munchkins. I am pretty sure NO ONE needs a 1/2 dozen Munchkins, ever. Prairie Eydie.)
- Now when I have to check off a box expressing my age on surveys and forms I have to go awaaaaaaaaay down to the bottom.
- A student asked me if I had voted for Herbert Hoover in the presidential campaign of 1928. I realize that 8th graders have little understanding of age, but really. Actually I was pretty impressed that the kiddo even knew about Herbert Hoover, let alone put him in the correct century.
- My daughters have ceased making jokes when the AARP advertisements come in the mail. One daughter asked me if I would consider a Life Line when the last one leaves for college. She was serious.
- The doctor just told me that I need to have a couple of varicose veins taken care of this fall. Compression stockings are in my future.
|My grandmother never would have|
worn one of my necklace creations.
For me, the most important part of the aging process to to keep my creativity alive and nurtured. I want to keep reading, learning, writing, and doing my artsy-fartsy stuff. Retirement isn't in my near future, but once the teaching gig is done (starting year 35), I can't imagine that I won't have a job somewhere. I may be the oldest seller at the farmers' market at some point. They'll have to prop me up by that scale and keep my oxygen tank away from the grill.
|This is one of Eydie's creations. |
Beauty comes at any age.
|"Sharon? Sharon? I think she |
overdosed on Munchkins."