Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Grace Gifts - The Challenge

This is my fabulous grace gift - photographed sideways!  Note the construction paper hearts and paper star pin.  Love, love, love it!  Jess is a gal who pays attention to details.

My friend, Jess, sends me the most awesome grace gifts.  (If you need a review or first time glimpse at my favorite grace blog, check out Prairie Grl Finds Grace at Culvers, August 20, 2013.  OR.  If you want to reread my favorite blog of all time, read "Prairie Grl Tosses Fiddle Aside in Favor of Allen Stone, June 28, 2013.)  





Let me back up.  Last week I was headed to Costco with my friend, Lena (who gracefully lets me use her Costco membership to keep my kids stocked in snacks.).  I thought I'd check the mailbox to see if my new "O" magazine had arrived.  WOOT!  Even better.  A box was crammed between the Aldi's flier and utility bill.  When I saw the sparkly skull and sequins under the packing tape, I knew I was in for a treat.  


Again sideways.  But look how she sprinkled sequined goodness under the tape.  Prairie friends, this is SO inspired!

"Grace gift!  Grace gift!" I announced climbing into Lena's SUV.  I wrestled for awhile with the packing tape before collapsing against the window - defeated.  Lena was having none of that.  She pulled to the curb and started attacking the tape with her keys.  So worth it as this was the Mother Load of grace gifts.
There was a felted rainbow necklace, (Jess and I were going to make felted necklaces at one point in our lives. 
We even ordered the wool.  I think we just had to soak the wool and spend hours forming it into perfect spheres.  HA! But then I had Gus and Jess got pregnant and then she moved and ....  you get the picture.) a Wisconsin Love sticker for my Mama van, chocolates, cupcake tissue paper, and paper hearts.  I am still loving the grace gift and the Fabulous Jess so much.  So much that I created the Grace Gift Challenge.
For one week, seven days straight, I am going to give a different person a grace gift.  It may arrive in their mailbox, or on their voice mail, or left on their door step, or I might hand it to them with my sweet lil' prairie hands.  They will be "Graced."  I am three days into the challenge and am already blessed by the challenge in ways I never saw coming.  Next Wednesday I will report the results of my Grace Gift Challenge.
Prairie Friends - I am throwing the challenge out to you.  Join me. Why not?  This is a journey worth taking.  And I want to hear about it. 
Prairie Eydie
“I wish grace and healing were more abracadabra kind of things. Also, that delicate silver bells would ring to announce grace's arrival. But no, it's clog and slog and scootch, on the floor, in the silence, in the dark.”
Anne Lamott,


No comments:

Post a Comment