Monday, January 20, 2014

Prairie Eydie's Top Tips to Get Through Those Winter Blues PART ONE




I am struggling Prairie Friends.  Struggling to get through another Wisconsin winter.  Usually by March I am ready to gnaw off my arm and blow torch my sweaters.  This year I am doing things differently so I can smoothly transition into Spring without personal drama. 

Prairie Eydie's Top Tips to Get Through The Winter  PART ONE



Take an interest in football, if only for a limited time.   (Your interest can even be insincere!)  I jumped on the Packer bandwagon for two weeks this January. 
  • Packers vs. Bears.  Who doesn't love it when the fans act like big, fat babies?
  • Packers vs. San Fransico 49ers.  Very close game.  I thought the Packers could win even after the game was over and done.
I would have continued watching football, but the Packers lost to the 49ers.  I am unable to watch a team other than the Packers or the Badgers. 

BELOW:  Meet my friend, Maren.  She is a real Packer fan and looks awesome in her Packer boa. 



I used to  worry  football wouldn't be fun because I had no idea what was going on.  Nonsense. Just be happy when the players are happy.  Be angry when your coach is angry.  Be aware your home team scored a touchdown when the bartender gives you a free shot.  Accessorize with a Packer boa.  Fun & Flirty.

BELOW:  A card guest blogger Lena left on my desk at work.



Make every Friday FABULOUS Friday and Not "Wear A Sweatshirt and Stained Yoga Pants" Friday.

I find Friday the perfect day to put on a cute dress and accessorize with a fairly heavy hand.  Everyone is looking "schlumpy" so you will look extra, super-duper good in comparison.

Tiaras are optional.   


Plus, why not end the work week feeling good about yourself?  Looking good erases missed deadlines and stupid comments made during staff meetings.  I have found that coworkers are joining me in Fabulous Friday because they don't want to be outdone.  (No.  I am not saying that women are competitive.  I am just . . . saying. . . ) 

Make sure to tune in for PART TWO of  this blog.  Also, let me know how you're getting through the winter.  (Readers in warm climates need not reply.)

Prairie Eydie 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment