Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ignore the Rumors! Prairie Sherry IS NOT DEAD!!!



Sea Oats-South Carolina Coast
Dear Prairie Readers,

Obviously, Prairie Eydie has taken the full brunt of blogdom during this past week. Thank you, my dear sister.

My absence has not been due to illness or despair.   

I have traveled cross-country and back (2,214 miles) to see beloved friends, hugged my grandchildren, enjoyed the wonderful company of my daughters, visited family, fed my chickadees, slept late, enjoyed good wine, read, eaten glorious food, and cuddled with my dog.
Childhood friend (sister), Mary Hayes, and me.
 


Good lordy, this has been a wonderful two weeks.  

I feel that I need to catch up.

Top Sixteen Books (in no particular order):

A Walk in the Woods
Little Women
Grapes of Wrath
The Good Earth
The Long Winter
Winnie-the-Pooh
The Joy Luck Club
To Kill a Mockingbird
Life and Death in Shanghai
Best Friends (Only my sister will know this one!)
The Secret Garden
Bean Trees
Of Human Bondage
Joy of Cooking
The Mouse Who Liked to Read in Bed (Sis, remember?)
The Chosen

Books I have recently read:

The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin
(Loved it!!!!! Thank you, Sue B!!)

When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedarist 
(He always makes me laugh out loud.)

The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan 
(This one didn't disappoint!  Prairie Eydie, my copy is going to you next.)

The Maid's Version by Daniel Woodrell 
(Weird, but I kept reading.)

The Common Core Standards for Language and Literacy and The Continuum of Literacy Learning
(I-want-to-poke-my-eye-out-with-a-stick BORING.  Sucks the joy out of teaching and learning.)
Two of the daughters, the dog, and me.
South Carolina is really beautiful.

Have to get back to relaxing...
Prairie Sherry

PS

I am not one for New Year's Resolutions (Do you need to capitalize that??), but I do agree with my 19 year-old.  This year I am going to try to reconnect to family and friends whom I have neglected.  I spent today with my wonderful niece and great-niece.  My poor nephew-in-law was sleeping, so he could get up at some awful hour and go back to keeping Milwaukee roads and streets free of snow.  Bless you, Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment